Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Next Logical Step in 140 Characters

Kind of a throwaway post tonight -- granted, that's not the best way to engage the reader, but you can probably see already this isn't very long so perhaps you'll still manage to read all the way to the end.

So anyway. While having a night of "I'm kind of bored" not long ago, I decided to start up a Twitter account. Just kind of dove into the idea without thinking too hard about it; I know, go ahead and pick your jaw up off the floor now. Ever since I started thinking about starting an account, it became about what I was going to do with it. I seriously doubt more than a dozen or so people in my everyday life are on Twitter (maybe I'll be surprised), and I already have three or four ways to get in touch with anyone I'd care to reach.

So then the question was about my platform: Do I want to try and have one of these pages where I just post a bunch of off-kilter one-liners and try to gain a following? Do I use it to network with other deluded aspiring writers? Do I move my Facebook 10-Word Movie Reviews there instead? Does it become a networking tool for my career? So many possibilities. But in the end I just decided to set up the account and see what happened. This blog surely became something different from what I thought it would be in the beginning, and I think that's worked out okay.

So if you're curious, my Twitter name is Tomulroy424. Or is it supposed to be @Tomulroy424? Something else I need to figure out. Anyway, go ahead and follow if you're on there. I'll follow back anyone who follows me.

No comments: