Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 29 - I'm Going Slightly Mad

Okay, the title of this post isn't completely applicable, but I know my future self would deeply regret not commenting on the 20th anniversary of the day Freddie Mercury died -- which was actually five days back now -- so I threw in a little Queen reference just for good measure.

But it does kind of apply, because I am totally banging my head on the wall right now. The manuscript is just this {------------} far from the big climactic set piece at the end. Which is good. The problem is part of my wants to just tear into it, and the wiser, more measured part of me keeps holding back, thinking of the outline, of the pacing, of what needs to be established and accomplished to make this work. More than once today I had a little brainstorm moment hit me at school, and I had to hang onto it with both hands until I had the chance to dig out the phone and send myself a quick e-mail so I wouldn't forget the idea. Because when that happens? You have the cool idea strike and then you forget it? SUCKS. So much.

I would love to just knock my way through that 60,000 word wall tonight, and it's possible I can, but... arrrghh. Outline... mapping... resolution of building characters... moments of truth....

Maybe the title here fits better than I first realized....

No comments: