Saturday, March 20, 2010

Random Saturday

Random Thoughts for the Day:

*There is nothing in the world like a good sweatshirt. The perfect sweatshirt will keep you warm, but not overheat you. It fits well but hangs just loose enough. It becomes a favorite piece of clothing, something you look forward to wearing again after laundry day, and something you will wear until it breaks down into stray threads and lint. It makes you look forward to the onset of fall, because you know that means you can start working it back into the weekly wardrobe rotation. Unfortunately the perfect sweatshirt is so rare that you only get about five or ten of them in a lifetime.

*Okay, let me be the one to say it: "Lost" is far from being the greatest thing on television right now, much less ever. I could easily list shows with far better writing or shows with much tighter science fiction plotting than this mediocre, criminally overrated time filler. Oh, I watch it. But I've forgotten to record some episodes on the DVR, and didn't feel like I missed a thing. I will not require grief counseling after the show ends in May.

*A sign you've been editing a query letter for too long: When you read the Letters to the Editor section in the newspaper and begin dissecting what's wrong with those letters and what could be changed to make them more concise and communicate their message more clearly.

*Overlooked Hard Rock Band of the Day: Tesla. Just sayin'.

*The new salmon club at Panera? Eh....

No comments: