Saturday, September 12, 2009

...Hear Me Roar?

I bought a 2009 RAV 4 this past winter. I was, and still am, very happy with it. I love having a new car. I love that it has a built-in jack where I can plug my iPod directly into the vehicle. I love that it has four times the cargo space than my previous car.

But I've noticed something about it.

When I first bought it, I started getting the same compliments anyone with a new car gets. And I'd get comments like "oh, my neighbor across the street has a RAV, and she loves it," and "That's the kind of car my mom bought," or "that's what Susan has, isn't it? I know she loves hers."

And a pattern began to emerge. After all of these months, I can now say with confidence that every other person I know who drives a RAV 4 is female.

Now, for the record, I am straight. Yes, granted, I'm in my forties and still unmarried, so don't try and pretend you haven't had your moments of wondering. But even making this assertion, it still turns out that I apparently bought the SUV made for today's woman.

I'm starting to worry now that if I ever go shopping for a new suit, I'm going to pull a Michael Scott and shop on the wrong side of T.J. Maxx.

No comments: