Why does the stylist ask "What do you think?" after you get the haircut? Do you really have the option of saying, "Wow. That was just way, way too short. Can you do something about it?"
I'm taking a short entry on here because I forgot to do an Album of the Day earlier, and I don't think I've done one here for awhile. Anyway. Today's album is "Carving Desert Canyons" by Scale the Summit. They're an instrumental band I found this summer when I learned they were going to be a replacement act for a different band on the Progressive Nation '09 Tour, which I'll be seeing later in the month. Think about them like they were a jazz combo playing complicated and demanding arrangements with a lot of jumping around time signature wise, except they're playing with their guitars really loud and crunchy and the drummer doesn't need to hold back so much.
I bought this as an iTunes download earlier in the summer and according to the play count column have only listened to it twice. This is indicative of a trend that has inspired me to give up on my music shopping for the rest of August, or perhaps even until the beginning of the school year. I think I'm going to be better off spending time getting to know the music I already have a little better than I would be by adding more. ALTHOUGH! If Dream Theater is selling any of their self-produced bootleg CDS at Progressive Nation, I am allowing for a loophole that would let me buy that since it would be a rare opportunity. I'm jus' sayin'.....
No comments:
Post a Comment