They don't always get me down, but sometimes rainy days do. Mondays usually just leave me with a headache. Today is the first rainy day we've had in awhile, and the air is kind of out of my sails, partially because of all the gray and wet and partially just as a come down from an up and down week.
DaM is set to visit tomorrow as kind of a halfway stop on the cross-country move odyssey. It's been awhile since the wedding, so it will be nice to catch up in person for a bit. I'm cleaning the house in spurts today in preparation, but since there are going to be two dogs more than usual staying here, I don't want to clean things up TOO much; I figure if the house was realtor-open-house clean, DaM might feel a little uncomfortable bringing two dogs into it to spend the night. If the house is passably but not glowingly clean, I hope that will alleviate any such trepidation. Or maybe I'll just look like a slob. But being single, I can still get away with a little of that. I hope.
Four more days with my 08-09 students. I hope I did right by them. It's always emotional to send them off to a new school, but it's been a great group this year so I trust them to do good things.
Today's album: Marty Casey & Lovehammers. Marty Casey was one of the finalists when INXS did their "search for a new lead singer" reality show years back. It was summer so I watched it; even though INXS isn't one of my top 10 bands they might still make my top 50. I saw this album pop up on iTunes not long after the show ended. It's not bad. It sounds like so many other millenial rock albums in that it is heavily influenced by 90s grunge and offers up a tiny nod to emo, but in a way that would allow the band to deny it. There's a couple good songs on here I should listen to more.
No comments:
Post a Comment