*It's a good sign that I haven't written in a while if I have to actually stop and think about what my password is. That happened once at the Y -- I hadn't gone in a long time, and one day when I was about to go I realized that I didn't remember the combination to my lock anymore. The realization of a nightmare I had during several junior high and high school winter breaks that finally caught up with me in adulthood, and saw me making a Target run to buy a new purple combination lock to replace the blue one I couldn't open anymore. You'd think I would have saved the sticker with the combination on it, but no.... Luckily this time there was a good, easy-to-remember mathematical relationship between my numbers so even if I wasn't going as often as I am now, and even if I hadn't saved the sticker this time (which I did), I'd be able to remember what it is. Speaking of my Y adventures, I also recently bought a new iPod to replace the original blue yPod shuffle (which I've now christened the yPod Nano, of course). It has a built-in pedometer, which is pretty cool, and a built-in radio tuner so I can hear the sound on the Y televisions if I choose, and it can hold more than one playlist so I don't have to change the thing every time I go according to my mood for the day. Pretty sweet set up.
*What the hell is it with my dog being able to wake me up in the middle of the night like this because he's thirsty, and then he's able to fall back asleep in three minutes while I'm left with enough energy to sit here and write? I wonder if it's too late for the two of us to redefine this aspect of our relationship....
No comments:
Post a Comment